Friday, March 21, 2014

Struggle

One person can't be good at everything.  I think I know that, but I've been struck by the reality of it as of late.  We're in the midst of redecorating our living room.  I am the designated redecorator.  More accurately, I am the shopper-and-returner.

I find myself perusing websites the likes of Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn.  I have rarely enjoyed entering into those stores.  Now, I spend hours searching for sideboards and hutches.

Over the past three days, I have visited Home Goods three times.  Once each day.  I purchased three lamps.  I will be returning the third one tomorrow.

It's humbling.  It's interesting.  What am I learning about myself?  I don't often choose to struggle in areas I know will be difficult for me.  I repeatedly hear myself telling friends that "I'm awful" at this new vocation.  Perhaps I need a change in mindset.  Can I call myself an "apprentice interior visionist"?  Let me know if you think of a better title.

1 comment:

  1. How about "apprentice creator"? Don't just redecorate des, just CREATE a brand new living space.

    ReplyDelete