Thursday, March 6, 2014

Darn Dog!


I decided that I'd do it differently.  Having dog hair on every piece of furniture, including the bed, had been the trend for twenty years.  But with this new dog, I was bound to do things differently.  And we did.  He can only sleep in his bed.  He's not allowed on the couch.  Even jumping up onto our knees to get a pet is frowned upon.

Then why did I do it?

Being the only one to sleep in the bed is no fun.  And it was SO cold last night.  So…I did it.  I called him up onto the bed.

"Come on up, Pal."  

No response.

"Up here."  I patted my husband's side of the bed.

He gazed at me disbelievingly.  He didn't move.  

"Don't you want to come on up?  It's really comfy," I tempted.

Nope.  Not even a paw on the blankets.

Oh, well.  I guess I'll just have to show him that it's OK.

I leaned over, picked him up gently, and placed him on the bed right between two pillows.

His eyes followed me as I walked back to my side of the bed.

Thank goodness, I thought.

I pulled up the covers to cozy up to him.  I rolled over, and he jumped off.  Back into his own bed.

Darn dog!

"Maybe you're going to get into trouble with the boss, but not me!" he seemed to be saying.

1 comment:

  1. I miss my old Pal...she loved to sleep with us, only when Dave was out of town...funny that she knew the difference. I am glad that you started your new pet in a different way, I just read that it isn't healthy for us to sleep with our animals:)

    ReplyDelete