Sunday, March 9, 2014

Flu-ish Weekend


Last week I read a post of a woman who woke up on a Sunday morning.  She spent the morning in a leisurely manner, covered under blankets, sipping tea, and reading her favorite book.  It sounded like a glorious way to spend a Sunday morning.  I thought, "I'd like to give that a try!"

This weekend, I've spent my entire day in the same way - covered under blankets, sipping tea, sometimes reading a book, but most of all, dozing in and out of slumber.  

Why is it that when I choose to spend a few hours on the couch, it's glorious, but when I'm relegated to my bed, it can be one of the most frustrating ways to spend the hours?

I'm resting - but not rested.  Reading - but not relishing.  In a relaxed position - but restlessly counting the hours until I can get back to feeling "normal."  

I can say that I'd like to slow down life, take it easy, relax a bit.  But really, do I?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are in the grips of the flu--ugh! I really like how you summed up your post. Resting--not, reading--not enjoying...very effective. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my students sent in a slice very similar to this this weekend--she called herself "sick as a dog." I hope you're on the mend soon, and kudos for posting while sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the rhythm in the part where you say resting but not rested, reading but not relishing. But I am sorry you are not feeling well. So impressed that you wrote in spite of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tea??? I hope you feel better today. It is really hard to be in bed, I agree. xo

    ReplyDelete